Skip to main content

War Vs Peace in Class

 A a person reflecting on my own experiences, I have indeed been both the "different" person joining a new school and the one welcoming others into my space. When I joined a new school as a student, I vividly remember feeling a mix of excitement and apprehension. In some instances, I was warmly welcomed by my peers and teachers, which made the transition much smoother. However, there were also times when I felt like an outsider, struggling to find my place amidst established social circles. As a teacher, I have also been in the position of welcoming new students into my classroom. I have always made a conscious effort to create a welcoming and inclusive environment, ensuring that new students feel valued and supported from day one.

Looking back, the pros of my own experiences joining a new space include the opportunity for personal growth, the chance to make new connections and friendships, and the exposure to different perspectives and cultures. However, there were also challenges, such as feelings of loneliness, the pressure to fit in, and the need to navigate unfamiliar social dynamics. In terms of welcoming others into my space, the pros include the satisfaction of making someone feel welcomed and included, the opportunity to learn from others' experiences, and the chance to broaden my own worldview. However, there may have been instances where I could have been more proactive in reaching out to new students or creating opportunities for them to connect with their peers.

As for possible learnings from these experiences, I have come to appreciate the importance of empathy, open-mindedness, and inclusivity in fostering a sense of belonging and community. I have learned that small gestures of kindness, such as offering a friendly smile or striking up a conversation, can make a big difference to someone who is feeling uncertain or alone. Moving forward, I aim to continue creating welcoming and inclusive spaces where everyone feels valued and respected.

If I were to imagine myself in Roma's place, faced with a high-risk scenario in the classroom, I would approach it with a calm and composed demeanor, while also being vigilant and proactive in addressing the situation. I would prioritize the safety of all students, quickly assess the level of risk, and intervene appropriately to de-escalate the situation. I would also make sure to follow up with the students involved, offering support, guidance, and resources as needed to prevent similar incidents in the future. Overall, the session on high-risk behavior adds valuable insights and strategies that I can incorporate into my own approach to handling such situations in the classroom.



My other blog related to Nurturing Understanding Amidst Conflict


Swati Kesharwani


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Relationships Matters for kids ?

  Why Relationships Matters for kids ? I t’s not only parents duty to teach children about relationships concepts but teachers can play a crucial role in it as well that’s why schools of India  are teaching children about relationships concept helping them to create a healthy relationship with other peers and this is necessary for the overall development of the child as alongside academics and sports child should also have knowledge about relationships. Building warm, trusting relationships with the children in your care is one of the most important things you can do as an educator. Research shows that close relationships formed in early childhood can positively impact children’s academic and social-emotional skills while conflictual relationships can have a detrimental impact on the child’s well-being and development.  Overall, relationship building in schools lays the foundation for a supportive and inclusive learning environment where students feel valued, motivated, and empowered t

Self Awareness...... love yourself first

How do I improve myself? “ Don't let anyone know too much about you. ”   Tell them what's necessary,  privacy is everything. Think. Everything happens for a reason, learn from your mistakes. There is NO event in my life which hasn't taught me something. Join the 5 A.M. club. Note down your goals precisely. Observe your lifestyle, what are the things which distract you. Eliminate them forthright. Say NO to social media, reel life is way different from real life. Reel life is glamourous, Real life is hardship. Stay away from negative people. I don't have ANY friend. You yourself should be your best friend. Talk to yourself (sometimes), it boosts confidence. I do. LOVE is SHIT. (Until you're successful) Don't let people govern you. Don't let people decide when you'll be happy and when sad. Stop trying to please everyone. You will be misunderstood, somedays you'll feel low, you'll lose your faith, somedays you'll want to end your life